A friend of mine, who has come to develop a strong dislike for Diddy’s experimental ensemble Dirty Money, has begun to lovingly refer to the trio’s upcoming album as “The Last Train Wreck to Paris.” Just a few hours ago I probably would have laughed along with him, but I’m sad to say that my friend may find himself laughing alone after the group’s latest single, Hello Good Morning hits the airwaves. With an undeniably strong guest verse from T.I., the current Nelson Mandela of hip-hop, along with some smooth bass and futuristic samples from Danja, Diddy and the group’s two songstresses, Dawn and Kalenna, form a sound that’s not just bearable, but actually… pretty good. So good, in fact, that I had a hard time trying to figure out why the group’s previous singles Angels and Love Come Down were released as singles ahead of this record. Who knows – maybe they were waiting for Tip Harris to be freed (finally!). I’ll now be on the look out for Last Train to Paris, due to drop June 22. How about you?
Written by Matty K on 03/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.