A friend of mine, who has come to develop a strong dislike for Diddy’s experimental ensemble Dirty Money, has begun to lovingly refer to the trio’s upcoming album as “The Last Train Wreck to Paris.” Just a few hours ago I probably would have laughed along with him, but I’m sad to say that my friend may find himself laughing alone after the group’s latest single, Hello Good Morning hits the airwaves. With an undeniably strong guest verse from T.I., the current Nelson Mandela of hip-hop, along with some smooth bass and futuristic samples from Danja, Diddy and the group’s two songstresses, Dawn and Kalenna, form a sound that’s not just bearable, but actually… pretty good. So good, in fact, that I had a hard time trying to figure out why the group’s previous singles Angels and Love Come Down were released as singles ahead of this record. Who knows – maybe they were waiting for Tip Harris to be freed (finally!). I’ll now be on the look out for Last Train to Paris, due to drop June 22. How about you?
Written by Matty K on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.