Although his last three attempts at putting together a super group have fallen apart or tried to leave Bad Boy (R.I.P. Da Band, Danity Kane and Day26), Diddy has continued on undaunted, forming Dirty Money along with singers Dawn Richard and Kalenna in an attempt to regain his superstar status. So far his efforts have met with mixed results, and I think I can safely expect their new track Hair Down to draw the same love it/hate it response on the Booth. While some hypnotically ambient production from Hit-Boy & Chase N. Cashe (who recently did Weezy’s Drop the World) plays in the background, Dawn and Kalenna lay down some seductively soft vocals - and then Diddy comes in and ruins the track with a terrible rap, just like he did on Angels (Remix). Notice a pattern? Still, we’ll have to reserve final judgment until Diddy’s Last Train to Paris album finally drops on…um…whenever he decides. Stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.