Although his last three attempts at putting together a super group have fallen apart or tried to leave Bad Boy (R.I.P. Da Band, Danity Kane and Day26), Diddy has continued on undaunted, forming Dirty Money along with singers Dawn Richard and Kalenna in an attempt to regain his superstar status. So far his efforts have met with mixed results, and I think I can safely expect their new track Hair Down to draw the same love it/hate it response on the Booth. While some hypnotically ambient production from Hit-Boy & Chase N. Cashe (who recently did Weezy’s Drop the World) plays in the background, Dawn and Kalenna lay down some seductively soft vocals - and then Diddy comes in and ruins the track with a terrible rap, just like he did on Angels (Remix). Notice a pattern? Still, we’ll have to reserve final judgment until Diddy’s Last Train to Paris album finally drops on…um…whenever he decides. Stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.