Although his last three attempts at putting together a super group have fallen apart or tried to leave Bad Boy (R.I.P. Da Band, Danity Kane and Day26), Diddy has continued on undaunted, forming Dirty Money along with singers Dawn Richard and Kalenna in an attempt to regain his superstar status. So far his efforts have met with mixed results, and I think I can safely expect their new track Hair Down to draw the same love it/hate it response on the Booth. While some hypnotically ambient production from Hit-Boy & Chase N. Cashe (who recently did Weezy’s Drop the World) plays in the background, Dawn and Kalenna lay down some seductively soft vocals - and then Diddy comes in and ruins the track with a terrible rap, just like he did on Angels (Remix). Notice a pattern? Still, we’ll have to reserve final judgment until Diddy’s Last Train to Paris album finally drops on…um…whenever he decides. Stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.