Although his last three attempts at putting together a super group have fallen apart or tried to leave Bad Boy (R.I.P. Da Band, Danity Kane and Day26), Diddy has continued on undaunted, forming Dirty Money along with singers Dawn Richard and Kalenna in an attempt to regain his superstar status. So far his efforts have met with mixed results, and I think I can safely expect their new track Hair Down to draw the same love it/hate it response on the Booth. While some hypnotically ambient production from Hit-Boy & Chase N. Cashe (who recently did Weezy’s Drop the World) plays in the background, Dawn and Kalenna lay down some seductively soft vocals - and then Diddy comes in and ruins the track with a terrible rap, just like he did on Angels (Remix). Notice a pattern? Still, we’ll have to reserve final judgment until Diddy’s Last Train to Paris album finally drops on…um…whenever he decides. Stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.