Oh Sean Combs/Puff Daddy/Puffy/P Diddy/Diddy, is there anything you won’t try? The hip-hip mogul put on (arguably) the best rapper ever, built Bad Boy into an elite record label and created a highly successful clothing line, but true solo success has continued to elude the media mogul. Diddy’s latest plan to correct this not-so-small problem is Dirty Money, a group comprised of himself, Dawn Richard and Kalenna, and their reportedly highly-conceptual upcoming album Last Train to Paris. Having dropped the album’s dual lead single Love Come Down/Angels to good-not-great reviews, Mr. Diddy is at it again with Angels (Remix), this time having producer Rob Holliday flip boardwork into something much darker, even bringing in microphone heavyweight Rick Ross for a more hip-hop effect. It’d be a dope track…if Diddy wasn’t on it (sweet baby jesus his auto-tuned singing is terrible). Will Last Train to Paris finally earn Diddy some solo-artist respect? We’ll have to wait until the beginning of 2010 to find out. Until then, stay tuned for all the latest from the Dirty Money crew.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.