Oh Sean Combs/Puff Daddy/Puffy/P Diddy/Diddy, is there anything you won’t try? The hip-hip mogul put on (arguably) the best rapper ever, built Bad Boy into an elite record label and created a highly successful clothing line, but true solo success has continued to elude the media mogul. Diddy’s latest plan to correct this not-so-small problem is Dirty Money, a group comprised of himself, Dawn Richard and Kalenna, and their reportedly highly-conceptual upcoming album Last Train to Paris. Having dropped the album’s dual lead single Love Come Down/Angels to good-not-great reviews, Mr. Diddy is at it again with Angels (Remix), this time having producer Rob Holliday flip boardwork into something much darker, even bringing in microphone heavyweight Rick Ross for a more hip-hop effect. It’d be a dope track…if Diddy wasn’t on it (sweet baby jesus his auto-tuned singing is terrible). Will Last Train to Paris finally earn Diddy some solo-artist respect? We’ll have to wait until the beginning of 2010 to find out. Until then, stay tuned for all the latest from the Dirty Money crew.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.