Dirt Reynolds is not a Hilary guy. He makes that clear in his new track, Yes We Can, which includes a snippet from Barack Obama’s awe-inspiring ’04 DNC keynote address. The rest of the song follows suit, as his politically charged lyrics tackle the same issues that Obama addressed in his various campaign speeches and debates. With the primary victory now in the bag, Dirt is looking ahead to bigger and better things for both his candidate and his country. His visions are echoed by the multi-talented Fedarro Noel (a.k.a. FreqBeats), who produces the track and sings its hook. Look out for more politickin’ from the soapbox rapper on his forthcoming album, No Pride No Shame, set to be released sometime during election season.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
New South/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beatin Down Da Block ft. Dirt Reynolds" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.