Dirt Reynolds is not a Hilary guy. He makes that clear in his new track, Yes We Can, which includes a snippet from Barack Obama’s awe-inspiring ’04 DNC keynote address. The rest of the song follows suit, as his politically charged lyrics tackle the same issues that Obama addressed in his various campaign speeches and debates. With the primary victory now in the bag, Dirt is looking ahead to bigger and better things for both his candidate and his country. His visions are echoed by the multi-talented Fedarro Noel (a.k.a. FreqBeats), who produces the track and sings its hook. Look out for more politickin’ from the soapbox rapper on his forthcoming album, No Pride No Shame, set to be released sometime during election season.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
New South/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beatin Down Da Block ft. Dirt Reynolds" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.