If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to make club heads go “Boy Oh Boy oh boy,” possibly while rubbing their hands together in glee, it’s the prospect of a fresh mix from inveterate dancefloor-rocker Diplo. Coming on the heels of recent production for Usher (Go Missin’) and Marsha Ambrosius (Cold War), the Mad Decent head honcho’s latest opus finds him hooking up with Miami salsa ensemble GTA to put an adrenaline-pumping moombahton spin on Missy Elliot‘s classic Work It. Needless to say, computer speakers can only offer a pale imitation of the power Boy Oh Boy will exert on a packed nightclub. Boy Oh Boy isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest body-moving concoctions from Diplo and company.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.