Early this morning, heavyweight DJ/producer Diplo joined the ranks of Twitter royalty by hitting the one million follower mark. Though the news apparently took him by surprise (Ten minutes after announcing that he was “eating flapjacks,” he Tweeted, “Whoa million followers where did you come from?”), he knew just the record to release as a celebration. CROWN begins with Mike Posner getting his young Simba on (“I can’t wait to be king…”) over an airy synth backdrop, before transitioning into a grimy trap groove. Mad Decent signee Riff Raff makes a guest appearance on the back, and Dutch producer Boaz Van De Beatz assists the headliner behind the boards. This joint is unattached to any forthcoming project, but fans can hear more on Free the Universe, Diplo’s recently-released sophomore set as Major Lazer.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.