If your typical artist’s relationship with music were a romantic one, “functional” would be the last word you’d use to describe it: one partner demands the lion’s share of the other’s time and energy, only fulfilling the other’s worldly needs as her or she feels like it. As ATL rapper Dion Primo puts it on new single/album title track H.O.M.E., it’s less like true love than it is like an addiction—despite the pain, though, he keeps coming back for more. Complete with Dee-Ami‘s hard-hitting synth production, this is just the beginning of the freshness in store on H.O.M.E. (the album), scheduled to hit the ‘net September 1.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look at Me Now" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)