If your typical artist’s relationship with music were a romantic one, “functional” would be the last word you’d use to describe it: one partner demands the lion’s share of the other’s time and energy, only fulfilling the other’s worldly needs as her or she feels like it. As ATL rapper Dion Primo puts it on new single/album title track H.O.M.E., it’s less like true love than it is like an addiction—despite the pain, though, he keeps coming back for more. Complete with Dee-Ami‘s hard-hitting synth production, this is just the beginning of the freshness in store on H.O.M.E. (the album), scheduled to hit the ‘net September 1.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look at Me Now" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.