If your typical artist’s relationship with music were a romantic one, “functional” would be the last word you’d use to describe it: one partner demands the lion’s share of the other’s time and energy, only fulfilling the other’s worldly needs as her or she feels like it. As ATL rapper Dion Primo puts it on new single/album title track H.O.M.E., it’s less like true love than it is like an addiction—despite the pain, though, he keeps coming back for more. Complete with Dee-Ami‘s hard-hitting synth production, this is just the beginning of the freshness in store on H.O.M.E. (the album), scheduled to hit the ‘net September 1.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look at Me Now" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)