This may be Dillon Cooper’s first Booth feature, but the Brooklyn native is already confident that he is The Best. His claim may seem bold, but upon further review, he may just be right. Using a jazzy beat from The Arcitype as his proving ground, Cooper strings together clever punchline after clever punchline, distinguishing himself from the pack with ear-catching cadences and a slightly slurred delivery. The Best is a promo single and not attached to anything larger, but the artist did just sign to Amalgam Digital, so more tunes are definitely on the horizon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival of the Fittest" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.