This may be Dillon Cooper’s first Booth feature, but the Brooklyn native is already confident that he is The Best. His claim may seem bold, but upon further review, he may just be right. Using a jazzy beat from The Arcitype as his proving ground, Cooper strings together clever punchline after clever punchline, distinguishing himself from the pack with ear-catching cadences and a slightly slurred delivery. The Best is a promo single and not attached to anything larger, but the artist did just sign to Amalgam Digital, so more tunes are definitely on the horizon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival of the Fittest" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.