This may be Dillon Cooper’s first Booth feature, but the Brooklyn native is already confident that he is The Best. His claim may seem bold, but upon further review, he may just be right. Using a jazzy beat from The Arcitype as his proving ground, Cooper strings together clever punchline after clever punchline, distinguishing himself from the pack with ear-catching cadences and a slightly slurred delivery. The Best is a promo single and not attached to anything larger, but the artist did just sign to Amalgam Digital, so more tunes are definitely on the horizon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival of the Fittest" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.