This may be Dillon Cooper’s first Booth feature, but the Brooklyn native is already confident that he is The Best. His claim may seem bold, but upon further review, he may just be right. Using a jazzy beat from The Arcitype as his proving ground, Cooper strings together clever punchline after clever punchline, distinguishing himself from the pack with ear-catching cadences and a slightly slurred delivery. The Best is a promo single and not attached to anything larger, but the artist did just sign to Amalgam Digital, so more tunes are definitely on the horizon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival of the Fittest" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.