Last week, we heard recent Amalgam Digital signee Dillon Cooper explain why he considers himself one of The Best in the game—and, based on the quality of the cut, DJBooth readers didn’t have any strong objections to his claim. No matter how awesome you are, of course, you’ve got to be well-adapted to your environment in order to win out over the competition. New single Survival of the Fittest and its accompanying visuals (directed by Hi-Lite Reel Boston) showcase the artist rhyming, smoking, skating and kicking it with his homies in his natural habitat, the streets of Brooklyn, NY. Paul Boogie provides a head-noddable, sampled beat. This record is the first song release off Cooper’s debut mixtape, Cozmik. Dedicated to Brian “Cozmik” Scott, a professional rollerblader and close friend of the artist who died in a 2009 shooting, the project has yet to receive a solid drop date. Stay tuned for further details…
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Best" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.