If you’re thinking of stepping to Dillon Cooper, you might think twice after learning that the Brooklyn spitter possesses a black belt in Kung Foo. Oh, that’s not a real martial art? I assure you that he doesn’t give a f**k. In fact, non-f**k-giving happens to be the central theme running through the 20-year-old Brooklynite’s latest promo single. In dextrous, self-assured verses, he emphasizes just how little the herbs and lames faze him, flowing over a gritty, brass-sampled instrumental by Phenom. Pio DiBenedetto directs the joint’s official video, which depicts Cooper and his homies kicking it in Chinatown. Kung Foo will be a part of Cozmik, a new mixtape set for free release on Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Best" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.