If you’re thinking of stepping to Dillon Cooper, you might think twice after learning that the Brooklyn spitter possesses a black belt in Kung Foo. Oh, that’s not a real martial art? I assure you that he doesn’t give a f**k. In fact, non-f**k-giving happens to be the central theme running through the 20-year-old Brooklynite’s latest promo single. In dextrous, self-assured verses, he emphasizes just how little the herbs and lames faze him, flowing over a gritty, brass-sampled instrumental by Phenom. Pio DiBenedetto directs the joint’s official video, which depicts Cooper and his homies kicking it in Chinatown. Kung Foo will be a part of Cozmik, a new mixtape set for free release on Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Best" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.