Rappers without the dough to visit a shrink often compensate by working through their issues in the recording booth. On Dillan Ponders‘s latest single, HIVE, the T-Dot rhymesayer does something similar, turning to music in lieu of rehab. Those who were feeling the nightmarish sound of Booth debut Gotham are sure to appreciate DMNDBCK‘s beat here, a claustrophobic arrangement built around syrupy-slow percussion and dissonant synth tones. Over the moody instrumental, Ponders reflects on the potential costs of his narcotic-fueled lifestyle: “Too much cocaine, too much molly, too much opuim in my body… Really gotta stop, I almost died last night.” After a listen to this cathartic banger, Boothgoers will undoubtedly be anxious to find out what Dillan’s got planned for 2014. Here’s hoping he kicks his chemical dependency and uses his newfound focus and energy to bring us a whole grip of high-quality tunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!