Though DJBooth newcomer Dillan Ponders hails from T-Dot, Ontario, his debut feature is dedicated to Gotham. Calling it a tribute to the Big Apple, however, might be a little bit of a stretch, as this joint focuses less on the sights and sounds of the city than the artist’s own caked-up, kush-hazed sexual adventures. ReSet Records rhymesayer T.City, another first-time featuree, assists on the guest tip. Behind the boards, HOLYDAY redefines the word “grimy,” serving up a dank, cavernous blend of samples (including a vocal snippet from 2011 comedy Goon) and dissonant synths. Has this left-of-center single piqued your interest? More fresh tunes are just a few clicks away; released May 16, Ponders’ Overdose street album is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.