Though DJBooth newcomer Dillan Ponders hails from T-Dot, Ontario, his debut feature is dedicated to Gotham. Calling it a tribute to the Big Apple, however, might be a little bit of a stretch, as this joint focuses less on the sights and sounds of the city than the artist’s own caked-up, kush-hazed sexual adventures. ReSet Records rhymesayer T.City, another first-time featuree, assists on the guest tip. Behind the boards, HOLYDAY redefines the word “grimy,” serving up a dank, cavernous blend of samples (including a vocal snippet from 2011 comedy Goon) and dissonant synths. Has this left-of-center single piqued your interest? More fresh tunes are just a few clicks away; released May 16, Ponders’ Overdose street album is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.