Though DJBooth newcomer Dillan Ponders hails from T-Dot, Ontario, his debut feature is dedicated to Gotham. Calling it a tribute to the Big Apple, however, might be a little bit of a stretch, as this joint focuses less on the sights and sounds of the city than the artist’s own caked-up, kush-hazed sexual adventures. ReSet Records rhymesayer T.City, another first-time featuree, assists on the guest tip. Behind the boards, HOLYDAY redefines the word “grimy,” serving up a dank, cavernous blend of samples (including a vocal snippet from 2011 comedy Goon) and dissonant synths. Has this left-of-center single piqued your interest? More fresh tunes are just a few clicks away; released May 16, Ponders’ Overdose street album is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.