Though DJBooth newcomer Dillan Ponders hails from T-Dot, Ontario, his debut feature is dedicated to Gotham. Calling it a tribute to the Big Apple, however, might be a little bit of a stretch, as this joint focuses less on the sights and sounds of the city than the artist’s own caked-up, kush-hazed sexual adventures. ReSet Records rhymesayer T.City, another first-time featuree, assists on the guest tip. Behind the boards, HOLYDAY redefines the word “grimy,” serving up a dank, cavernous blend of samples (including a vocal snippet from 2011 comedy Goon) and dissonant synths. Has this left-of-center single piqued your interest? More fresh tunes are just a few clicks away; released May 16, Ponders’ Overdose street album is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.