Fresh off earning reader approval for late May’s official remix of XXX, Dillan Ponders bounces back with another fresh single off his latest digital full-length. Fans won’t be surprised to discover that DROWN is an ominous, atmospheric chronicle of substance abuse, but the cut’s sinuous sound stands in contrast to past releases’ more abrasive grooves. Tay Lewis does his thing behind the boards, backing the artist’s coke and weed-fueled bars with an eerie mix of reversed synths and dissonant strings. Rajeevan Nithiyananthan‘s official visuals round out the package. Released late last year, Ponders’s Numb LP is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.