Fresh off earning reader approval for late May’s official remix of XXX, Dillan Ponders bounces back with another fresh single off his latest digital full-length. Fans won’t be surprised to discover that DROWN is an ominous, atmospheric chronicle of substance abuse, but the cut’s sinuous sound stands in contrast to past releases’ more abrasive grooves. Tay Lewis does his thing behind the boards, backing the artist’s coke and weed-fueled bars with an eerie mix of reversed synths and dissonant strings. Rajeevan Nithiyananthan‘s official visuals round out the package. Released late last year, Ponders’s Numb LP is available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.