On the lead single off their forthcoming comeback LP, featured in mid-June, Dilated Peoples told us that they were as “Good as Gone.” So it might come as a surprise to see the West Coast underground vets stopping for directions on Noisey-premiered follow-up Show Me the Way. Even if this record does feature emcees Evidence and Rakaa Iriscience questioning their m.o. and considering alternate perspectives on the grind, the deft, agile bars they deliver over Jake One‘s piano-led beat make clear that they haven’t strayed from the path of lyrical excellence. Aloe Blacc guests, delivering a weary, yet determined guest hook. Fans who pre-order Directors of Photography via Fifth Element in advance of its August 12, release will receive an exclusive, autographed photo print, and can choose to bundle the LP with a limited edition T-shirt or hoodie.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good as Gone" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.