On the lead single off their forthcoming comeback LP, featured in mid-June, Dilated Peoples told us that they were as “Good as Gone.” So it might come as a surprise to see the West Coast underground vets stopping for directions on Noisey-premiered follow-up Show Me the Way. Even if this record does feature emcees Evidence and Rakaa Iriscience questioning their m.o. and considering alternate perspectives on the grind, the deft, agile bars they deliver over Jake One‘s piano-led beat make clear that they haven’t strayed from the path of lyrical excellence. Aloe Blacc guests, delivering a weary, yet determined guest hook. Fans who pre-order Directors of Photography via Fifth Element in advance of its August 12, release will receive an exclusive, autographed photo print, and can choose to bundle the LP with a limited edition T-shirt or hoodie.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good as Gone" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.