On the lead single off their forthcoming comeback LP, featured in mid-June, Dilated Peoples told us that they were as “Good as Gone.” So it might come as a surprise to see the West Coast underground vets stopping for directions on Noisey-premiered follow-up Show Me the Way. Even if this record does feature emcees Evidence and Rakaa Iriscience questioning their m.o. and considering alternate perspectives on the grind, the deft, agile bars they deliver over Jake One‘s piano-led beat make clear that they haven’t strayed from the path of lyrical excellence. Aloe Blacc guests, delivering a weary, yet determined guest hook. Fans who pre-order Directors of Photography via Fifth Element in advance of its August 12, release will receive an exclusive, autographed photo print, and can choose to bundle the LP with a limited edition T-shirt or hoodie.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
They have released four acclaimed albums, toured extensively and enjoyed sustained success as solo artists. Now, after an eight-year hiatus, Dilated Peoples returns with Directors of Photography, their debut album under the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good as Gone" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)