When Dijon SAMO takes over the hip-hop game, it won’t simply be a matter of chance. On his latest single, the follow-up to early October’s All Nite, the B.K. native formerly known as LaVish makes clear that he’s been destined for greatness from the get-go: “God don’t make mistakes, n**ga, this is how it’s Supposed to Go.” In addition to providing an intricate, keyboard-led beat to back the headliner’s bars, Chris O’Bannon steps out from behind the boards to deliver an ambitious guest 16. Think SAMO’s got what it takes to make it to the very top of the hip-hop game? Those leaning toward the affirmative won’t want to miss the rest of the dope material to be found on his Life, as We Know It mixtape, scheduled for digital release November 21.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.