Last week my computer monitor and I had a staring contest after an Email from the legendary funk-rap group Digital Underground popped-up in our Bible-sized inbox. New music from Digital Underground in 2010? Couldn’t be. After all, the pioneering Oakland-based ensemble released their final album, ...Cuz A D.U. Party Don’t Stop!!, in spring 2008, shortly after officially disbanding. Well, after a little research and a few Emails to their label, Jake Records, it turns out that Sittin on the Hitz is the first release off the group’s forthcoming (and final) EP, The Greenlight. Featuring the weirdly comical rhymes of D.U. leader Shock G (you know, the guy with the Groucho Marx nose) and production from InershA, Sittin on the Hitz is far from a “hit record” by today’s standards, but nonetheless it’s an offering that longtime fans should be able to appreciate. The Greenlight, a collection of never-before-heard material, unreleased remixes, and a live recording of Same Song with Tupac Shakur, will be available for purchase on May 18.
Listen to More: Digital Underground
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.