Last week my computer monitor and I had a staring contest after an Email from the legendary funk-rap group Digital Underground popped-up in our Bible-sized inbox. New music from Digital Underground in 2010? Couldn’t be. After all, the pioneering Oakland-based ensemble released their final album, ...Cuz A D.U. Party Don’t Stop!!, in spring 2008, shortly after officially disbanding. Well, after a little research and a few Emails to their label, Jake Records, it turns out that Sittin on the Hitz is the first release off the group’s forthcoming (and final) EP, The Greenlight. Featuring the weirdly comical rhymes of D.U. leader Shock G (you know, the guy with the Groucho Marx nose) and production from InershA, Sittin on the Hitz is far from a “hit record” by today’s standards, but nonetheless it’s an offering that longtime fans should be able to appreciate. The Greenlight, a collection of never-before-heard material, unreleased remixes, and a live recording of Same Song with Tupac Shakur, will be available for purchase on May 18.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)