What’s 15-year-old rap hopeful (and Rev Run progeny) Diggy Simmons been up to since he gave Boothgoers What They Been Waiting For back in mid-May? Well, on the positive tip, he was chosen as a finalist for the Sucker Free Summit’s Breakthrough Emcee of 2010; unfortunately, he’s also in the midst of a nasty breakup, which he describes on this newly-leaked mixtape cut. Backed by the smooth keyboard, shuffling percussion and light synths of producer T Minus, Simmons confesses that he still finds himself Thinkin Bout his former girl constantly, and ponders whether he still has place in her heart and mind. The emcee may be young, but his heartbroken words ring sincere, and the smooth hook vocals of increasingly Booth-acclaimed rapper/singer/producer Bei Maejor only make the track’s emotional appeal more persuasive. Whether or not Diggy Simmons manages to win back that special girl (here’s hoping!), though, those who like what they’re hearing can expect more high-quality music later this month, when the artist’s AirBorne mixtape hits the ‘net.
Written by richard on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.