What’s 15-year-old rap hopeful (and Rev Run progeny) Diggy Simmons been up to since he gave Boothgoers What They Been Waiting For back in mid-May? Well, on the positive tip, he was chosen as a finalist for the Sucker Free Summit’s Breakthrough Emcee of 2010; unfortunately, he’s also in the midst of a nasty breakup, which he describes on this newly-leaked mixtape cut. Backed by the smooth keyboard, shuffling percussion and light synths of producer T Minus, Simmons confesses that he still finds himself Thinkin Bout his former girl constantly, and ponders whether he still has place in her heart and mind. The emcee may be young, but his heartbroken words ring sincere, and the smooth hook vocals of increasingly Booth-acclaimed rapper/singer/producer Bei Maejor only make the track’s emotional appeal more persuasive. Whether or not Diggy Simmons manages to win back that special girl (here’s hoping!), though, those who like what they’re hearing can expect more high-quality music later this month, when the artist’s AirBorne mixtape hits the ‘net.
Written by richard on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)