Starting around the summer of 2010 our pages were flooded with new releases from Diggy Simmons as he made his introduction to the world. Since then, however, that flood has slowed to a drip for the rap phenom – but hey, when you’re the 16-year-old son of a legendary Run DMC member you can afford to take your time. In truth, the young man’s only Just Begun. Diggy’s new banger is driven by a percussion heavy, guitar-laden beat by D’Mile that’s feels heavily Travis Barker influenced. It’s the kind of quickly paced cut that Simmons’ seems born and bred for, lacing the record with double time flows meant to cement his place in the game: “They say for my age group, I am like MJ / but when they start talkin age this is what I say…” While he’s certainly got his doubters, there’s no doubt about it, the kid can really rap. The powers that be haven’t decided yet whether Just Begun will end up on Diggy’s currently unscheduled Atlantic debut album or not, but they’ll no doubt be watching your ratings. Have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.