Starting around the summer of 2010 our pages were flooded with new releases from Diggy Simmons as he made his introduction to the world. Since then, however, that flood has slowed to a drip for the rap phenom – but hey, when you’re the 16-year-old son of a legendary Run DMC member you can afford to take your time. In truth, the young man’s only Just Begun. Diggy’s new banger is driven by a percussion heavy, guitar-laden beat by D’Mile that’s feels heavily Travis Barker influenced. It’s the kind of quickly paced cut that Simmons’ seems born and bred for, lacing the record with double time flows meant to cement his place in the game: “They say for my age group, I am like MJ / but when they start talkin age this is what I say…” While he’s certainly got his doubters, there’s no doubt about it, the kid can really rap. The powers that be haven’t decided yet whether Just Begun will end up on Diggy’s currently unscheduled Atlantic debut album or not, but they’ll no doubt be watching your ratings. Have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.