Starting around the summer of 2010 our pages were flooded with new releases from Diggy Simmons as he made his introduction to the world. Since then, however, that flood has slowed to a drip for the rap phenom – but hey, when you’re the 16-year-old son of a legendary Run DMC member you can afford to take your time. In truth, the young man’s only Just Begun. Diggy’s new banger is driven by a percussion heavy, guitar-laden beat by D’Mile that’s feels heavily Travis Barker influenced. It’s the kind of quickly paced cut that Simmons’ seems born and bred for, lacing the record with double time flows meant to cement his place in the game: “They say for my age group, I am like MJ / but when they start talkin age this is what I say…” While he’s certainly got his doubters, there’s no doubt about it, the kid can really rap. The powers that be haven’t decided yet whether Just Begun will end up on Diggy’s currently unscheduled Atlantic debut album or not, but they’ll no doubt be watching your ratings. Have at it.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.