Besides growing up in a mansion, playing basketball on your own private court and trips around the world, the life of a celebrity child is rough, especially if they want to follow in their famous parent’s footsteps. Seriously. Just take DJBooth debut rapper Diggy Simmons, otherwise known as Daniel Simmons, the 15-year-old son of legendary Run DMC founder Rev Run and his new track Come to Rock (Freestyle). For Come to Rock producer Snake Eyes essentially just uses Led Zeppelin’s classic hard rock cut Immigrant Song as the stage to shine the spotlight on Diggy’s rhyme skills, and the young emcee responds with a precise and often spitfire fast flow. So how about it Booth nation? Does Come to Rock prove Diggy’s signing to Atlantic was warranted, or is he simply riding his famous father’s coattails? While Diggy doesn’t have a debut project locked down yet, I’ve got a feeling they’ll be no shortage of new material for us to debate in the coming months. Keep it locked.
Listen to More: Diggy Simmons
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Been Waiting For" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.