Besides growing up in a mansion, playing basketball on your own private court and trips around the world, the life of a celebrity child is rough, especially if they want to follow in their famous parent’s footsteps. Seriously. Just take DJBooth debut rapper Diggy Simmons, otherwise known as Daniel Simmons, the 15-year-old son of legendary Run DMC founder Rev Run and his new track Come to Rock (Freestyle). For Come to Rock producer Snake Eyes essentially just uses Led Zeppelin’s classic hard rock cut Immigrant Song as the stage to shine the spotlight on Diggy’s rhyme skills, and the young emcee responds with a precise and often spitfire fast flow. So how about it Booth nation? Does Come to Rock prove Diggy’s signing to Atlantic was warranted, or is he simply riding his famous father’s coattails? While Diggy doesn’t have a debut project locked down yet, I’ve got a feeling they’ll be no shortage of new material for us to debate in the coming months. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Been Waiting For" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)