Besides growing up in a mansion, playing basketball on your own private court and trips around the world, the life of a celebrity child is rough, especially if they want to follow in their famous parent’s footsteps. Seriously. Just take DJBooth debut rapper Diggy Simmons, otherwise known as Daniel Simmons, the 15-year-old son of legendary Run DMC founder Rev Run and his new track Come to Rock (Freestyle). For Come to Rock producer Snake Eyes essentially just uses Led Zeppelin’s classic hard rock cut Immigrant Song as the stage to shine the spotlight on Diggy’s rhyme skills, and the young emcee responds with a precise and often spitfire fast flow. So how about it Booth nation? Does Come to Rock prove Diggy’s signing to Atlantic was warranted, or is he simply riding his famous father’s coattails? While Diggy doesn’t have a debut project locked down yet, I’ve got a feeling they’ll be no shortage of new material for us to debate in the coming months. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Been Waiting For" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.