Besides growing up in a mansion, playing basketball on your own private court and trips around the world, the life of a celebrity child is rough, especially if they want to follow in their famous parent’s footsteps. Seriously. Just take DJBooth debut rapper Diggy Simmons, otherwise known as Daniel Simmons, the 15-year-old son of legendary Run DMC founder Rev Run and his new track Come to Rock (Freestyle). For Come to Rock producer Snake Eyes essentially just uses Led Zeppelin’s classic hard rock cut Immigrant Song as the stage to shine the spotlight on Diggy’s rhyme skills, and the young emcee responds with a precise and often spitfire fast flow. So how about it Booth nation? Does Come to Rock prove Diggy’s signing to Atlantic was warranted, or is he simply riding his famous father’s coattails? While Diggy doesn’t have a debut project locked down yet, I’ve got a feeling they’ll be no shortage of new material for us to debate in the coming months. Keep it locked.
Listen to More: Diggy Simmons
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Been Waiting For" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.