Besides growing up in a mansion, playing basketball on your own private court and trips around the world, the life of a celebrity child is rough, especially if they want to follow in their famous parent’s footsteps. Seriously. Just take DJBooth debut rapper Diggy Simmons, otherwise known as Daniel Simmons, the 15-year-old son of legendary Run DMC founder Rev Run and his new track Come to Rock (Freestyle). For Come to Rock producer Snake Eyes essentially just uses Led Zeppelin’s classic hard rock cut Immigrant Song as the stage to shine the spotlight on Diggy’s rhyme skills, and the young emcee responds with a precise and often spitfire fast flow. So how about it Booth nation? Does Come to Rock prove Diggy’s signing to Atlantic was warranted, or is he simply riding his famous father’s coattails? While Diggy doesn’t have a debut project locked down yet, I’ve got a feeling they’ll be no shortage of new material for us to debate in the coming months. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Been Waiting For" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.