As an ‘80s baby it was frankly shocking to see LOX alum Jadakiss on a track with teen phenomenon Diggy Simmons, but ten years ago who could have predicted that we’d someday be watching video on our phones of a black president? The times have changed, and 88 is a sign of the time. The new single from the younger Mr. Simmons recruits production crew Da Internz to shape a rhyme-ready beat that samples Dead Presidents II to head-nodding effect. From there Diggy continues to prove that he’s much more than just a case of hip-hop nepotism – the youngin’ can rhyme, and write some damn good lyrics too: “My uncle taught Diddy, Diddy turned around and taught Biggie / and Biggie taught Jigga, so imagine what he teachin me?” As for Jada, the man’s far too much of a veteran to come soft, laying down solid bars of his own that touch on his drug-pushing past and his rhyme-pushing present. Are you not entertained?!? For more from the fast-riser, fans can cop Diggy’s debut album Unexpected Arrival, very predictably arriving in stores on March 20.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.