Sometimes all a girl wants is an apology for the jerks that did her wrong in the past. I’m sure most girls wouldn’t mind that apology coming from Diggy or Trevor Jackson. On his first new single in over a year, My Girl, the young Simmons gives listeners a play-by-play of how he respectfully goes about turning a girl of interest into his main chick. Diggy sounds like he’s actually ready to get serious, stressing his desire to get to know a special someone, while his Atlantic labelmate cleans the slate of any old riff raff on the girl’s mind. Ladies, they even brought a flower with your name on it. If that’s not enough, just try and unwind to the smooth bass provided by Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II. My Girl serves as the lead single from Diggy’s upcoming, currently-untitled new full-length album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.