Sometimes all a girl wants is an apology for the jerks that did her wrong in the past. I’m sure most girls wouldn’t mind that apology coming from Diggy or Trevor Jackson. On his first new single in over a year, My Girl, the young Simmons gives listeners a play-by-play of how he respectfully goes about turning a girl of interest into his main chick. Diggy sounds like he’s actually ready to get serious, stressing his desire to get to know a special someone, while his Atlantic labelmate cleans the slate of any old riff raff on the girl’s mind. Ladies, they even brought a flower with your name on it. If that’s not enough, just try and unwind to the smooth bass provided by Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II. My Girl serves as the lead single from Diggy’s upcoming, currently-untitled new full-length album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.