Sometimes all a girl wants is an apology for the jerks that did her wrong in the past. I’m sure most girls wouldn’t mind that apology coming from Diggy or Trevor Jackson. On his first new single in over a year, My Girl, the young Simmons gives listeners a play-by-play of how he respectfully goes about turning a girl of interest into his main chick. Diggy sounds like he’s actually ready to get serious, stressing his desire to get to know a special someone, while his Atlantic labelmate cleans the slate of any old riff raff on the girl’s mind. Ladies, they even brought a flower with your name on it. If that’s not enough, just try and unwind to the smooth bass provided by Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II. My Girl serves as the lead single from Diggy’s upcoming, currently-untitled new full-length album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.