Sometimes all a girl wants is an apology for the jerks that did her wrong in the past. I’m sure most girls wouldn’t mind that apology coming from Diggy or Trevor Jackson. On his first new single in over a year, My Girl, the young Simmons gives listeners a play-by-play of how he respectfully goes about turning a girl of interest into his main chick. Diggy sounds like he’s actually ready to get serious, stressing his desire to get to know a special someone, while his Atlantic labelmate cleans the slate of any old riff raff on the girl’s mind. Ladies, they even brought a flower with your name on it. If that’s not enough, just try and unwind to the smooth bass provided by Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II. My Girl serves as the lead single from Diggy’s upcoming, currently-untitled new full-length album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.