Sometimes all a girl wants is an apology for the jerks that did her wrong in the past. I’m sure most girls wouldn’t mind that apology coming from Diggy or Trevor Jackson. On his first new single in over a year, My Girl, the young Simmons gives listeners a play-by-play of how he respectfully goes about turning a girl of interest into his main chick. Diggy sounds like he’s actually ready to get serious, stressing his desire to get to know a special someone, while his Atlantic labelmate cleans the slate of any old riff raff on the girl’s mind. Ladies, they even brought a flower with your name on it. If that’s not enough, just try and unwind to the smooth bass provided by Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II. My Girl serves as the lead single from Diggy’s upcoming, currently-untitled new full-length album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come to Rock (Freestyle)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.