If you’re a hip-hop head who knows Dido as “Stan’s girlfriend,” the UK singer/songwriter probably hasn’t been on your radar for a minute, though she’s released a handful of successful albums between then and now. With the recent premiere of her next album’s lead single via NPR, however, she’s leaped back into the crossover game in a big way, enlisting the guest services of arguably the most relevant emcee in the game right now. On Let Us Move On, the headliner teams up with Rollo Armstrong and Jeff Bhasker to create an atmospheric backdrop for verses centered around the themes of loss and rebirth. Compton phenom Kendrick Lamar contributes some low-key, yet characteristically impressive lyrical poetry on the back. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for further details on Dido’s senior set, Girl Who Got Away, which is tentatively set for a March release via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.