If you’re a hip-hop head who knows Dido as “Stan’s girlfriend,” the UK singer/songwriter probably hasn’t been on your radar for a minute, though she’s released a handful of successful albums between then and now. With the recent premiere of her next album’s lead single via NPR, however, she’s leaped back into the crossover game in a big way, enlisting the guest services of arguably the most relevant emcee in the game right now. On Let Us Move On, the headliner teams up with Rollo Armstrong and Jeff Bhasker to create an atmospheric backdrop for verses centered around the themes of loss and rebirth. Compton phenom Kendrick Lamar contributes some low-key, yet characteristically impressive lyrical poetry on the back. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for further details on Dido’s senior set, Girl Who Got Away, which is tentatively set for a March release via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.