If you’re a hip-hop head who knows Dido as “Stan’s girlfriend,” the UK singer/songwriter probably hasn’t been on your radar for a minute, though she’s released a handful of successful albums between then and now. With the recent premiere of her next album’s lead single via NPR, however, she’s leaped back into the crossover game in a big way, enlisting the guest services of arguably the most relevant emcee in the game right now. On Let Us Move On, the headliner teams up with Rollo Armstrong and Jeff Bhasker to create an atmospheric backdrop for verses centered around the themes of loss and rebirth. Compton phenom Kendrick Lamar contributes some low-key, yet characteristically impressive lyrical poetry on the back. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for further details on Dido’s senior set, Girl Who Got Away, which is tentatively set for a March release via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.