If you’re a hip-hop head who knows Dido as “Stan’s girlfriend,” the UK singer/songwriter probably hasn’t been on your radar for a minute, though she’s released a handful of successful albums between then and now. With the recent premiere of her next album’s lead single via NPR, however, she’s leaped back into the crossover game in a big way, enlisting the guest services of arguably the most relevant emcee in the game right now. On Let Us Move On, the headliner teams up with Rollo Armstrong and Jeff Bhasker to create an atmospheric backdrop for verses centered around the themes of loss and rebirth. Compton phenom Kendrick Lamar contributes some low-key, yet characteristically impressive lyrical poetry on the back. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for further details on Dido’s senior set, Girl Who Got Away, which is tentatively set for a March release via RCA Records.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.