If you’re a hip-hop head who knows Dido as “Stan’s girlfriend,” the UK singer/songwriter probably hasn’t been on your radar for a minute, though she’s released a handful of successful albums between then and now. With the recent premiere of her next album’s lead single via NPR, however, she’s leaped back into the crossover game in a big way, enlisting the guest services of arguably the most relevant emcee in the game right now. On Let Us Move On, the headliner teams up with Rollo Armstrong and Jeff Bhasker to create an atmospheric backdrop for verses centered around the themes of loss and rebirth. Compton phenom Kendrick Lamar contributes some low-key, yet characteristically impressive lyrical poetry on the back. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for further details on Dido’s senior set, Girl Who Got Away, which is tentatively set for a March release via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)