Judge him for his questionable handling of (others’) finances, or the fact that he has an arsenal of ghostwriters on deck for every syllable he spits, but one thing you cannot deny about Diddy is that he won’t stop and he can’t stop (yeah, yeah). After decent sales of his Diddy-Dirty Money effort Last Train to Paris, Mr. Combs decided to release Someone to Love Me (Naked) with Mary J. Blige on the hook and adding two verses of her own, ultimately making this her track now. No, it’s not up to the exacting standards we expect from the Queen, but for the simple groove it is, it gets the job done. Jerry Wonder and Arden “Keys” Altino leave the original track untouched, keeping The Sweet Inspirations sample, but a nice surprise factor is the inclusion of Lil Wayne, who spits that clever wordplay we never got the chance to miss while he was locked up.
Update: Since its original release, Someone to Love Me has been selected as the lead single off MJB’s tenth album, My Life II: The Journey Continues, scheduled to drop September 28.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.