With an elaborate, overarching concept, an accompanying film, and a sound so out-of-this-world even Diddy himself doesn’t seem to know how to describe it (Electro hip-hop soul funk? Train music!?), Last Train to Paris is shaping up to be… well… something. Fresh off the release of a prelude mixtape credited to his dance-music alter-ego, ‘Lectro Black, the Bad Boy mogul is giving fans the first taste of his much-hyped fifth solo album with the release of dual singles Angels and Love Come Down. On the latter track, Sean Combs and fellow Dirty Money members Dawn Richard and Kalenna join forces to “Show ‘em how to move in a room full of vultures.” The threesome’s sung and flowed reflections on jet-setting romance don’t offer much in the way of plot development, but most will be too busy moving to the music to care—backed by Rob Holladay‘s kitchen-sink percussion and neon-synth blurs, LCD is a certified dancefloor-scorcher. Needless to say, fans of hi-octane club music won’t regret jumping on board Diddy’s Train when it pulls into the station this winter.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.