With an elaborate, overarching concept, an accompanying film, and a sound so out-of-this-world even Diddy himself doesn’t seem to know how to describe it (Electro hip-hop soul funk? Train music!?), Last Train to Paris is shaping up to be… well… something. Fresh off the release of a prelude mixtape credited to his dance-music alter-ego, ‘Lectro Black, the Bad Boy mogul is giving fans the first taste of his much-hyped fifth solo album with the release of dual singles Angels and Love Come Down. On the latter track, Sean Combs and fellow Dirty Money members Dawn Richard and Kalenna join forces to “Show ‘em how to move in a room full of vultures.” The threesome’s sung and flowed reflections on jet-setting romance don’t offer much in the way of plot development, but most will be too busy moving to the music to care—backed by Rob Holladay‘s kitchen-sink percussion and neon-synth blurs, LCD is a certified dancefloor-scorcher. Needless to say, fans of hi-octane club music won’t regret jumping on board Diddy’s Train when it pulls into the station this winter.
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.