Every three years or so, Sean John Combs gets ready to release an album of his own (whether it be as Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, or just Diddy). For 2009, he and his newly-formed group, Dirty Money (consisting of himself, Dawn Richard, and Keelena), are getting ready to jump on board the Last Train To Paris (due out Sept. 22). His newest single, however, won’t be on the LP’s tracklist. Ready to get the streets, radio, and clubs moving, Diddy throws his hat into the “dance record” ring with the Diddy Bop (not to be confused with Red Cafe‘s attempted single of the same name). Xplicit delivers on the catchy hook (though not so much on Diddy’s ghostwritten verses), and Yung Joc (one of the best guest spots you can pick up nowadays) spits a solid closing contribution, yet it’s Isaac Opus’ beat that’ll get the whole world Diddy Bopping (watch for the forthcoming instructional video). If you’re turned off by this “dumbed-down” single, hey, at least it won’t be on the album (don’t be surprised if a “Bad Boy Family” compilation album is announced soon, though).
Written by Burmy on 04/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.