Every three years or so, Sean John Combs gets ready to release an album of his own (whether it be as Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, or just Diddy). For 2009, he and his newly-formed group, Dirty Money (consisting of himself, Dawn Richard, and Keelena), are getting ready to jump on board the Last Train To Paris (due out Sept. 22). His newest single, however, won’t be on the LP’s tracklist. Ready to get the streets, radio, and clubs moving, Diddy throws his hat into the “dance record” ring with the Diddy Bop (not to be confused with Red Cafe‘s attempted single of the same name). Xplicit delivers on the catchy hook (though not so much on Diddy’s ghostwritten verses), and Yung Joc (one of the best guest spots you can pick up nowadays) spits a solid closing contribution, yet it’s Isaac Opus’ beat that’ll get the whole world Diddy Bopping (watch for the forthcoming instructional video). If you’re turned off by this “dumbed-down” single, hey, at least it won’t be on the album (don’t be surprised if a “Bad Boy Family” compilation album is announced soon, though).
Written by Burmy on 04/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.