Yo, Diddy is a hit machine. I’d love to rag on him because he’s certainly successful, smug and rich enough to take the abuse, but the truth is he keeps producing songs that are tight, smart and infectious. Through The Pain (She Told Me) with help by Mario Winans (as singer and co-producer), is the sign of a mature artist who knows how to control his lyrics and restrain his melodies. True: he could develop his wordplay more and bring more depth to this piece. But quite honestly, Diddy, the consummate professional, knows possibly better than anyone else, that Through the Pain doesn’t need swagger and violence to hit you right in the stomach. This song is the strangest of Hip-Hop adjectives: beautiful.
Written by jackson on 07/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.