Yo, Diddy is a hit machine. I’d love to rag on him because he’s certainly successful, smug and rich enough to take the abuse, but the truth is he keeps producing songs that are tight, smart and infectious. Through The Pain (She Told Me) with help by Mario Winans (as singer and co-producer), is the sign of a mature artist who knows how to control his lyrics and restrain his melodies. True: he could develop his wordplay more and bring more depth to this piece. But quite honestly, Diddy, the consummate professional, knows possibly better than anyone else, that Through the Pain doesn’t need swagger and violence to hit you right in the stomach. This song is the strangest of Hip-Hop adjectives: beautiful.
Written by jackson on 07/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.