Yo, Diddy is a hit machine. I’d love to rag on him because he’s certainly successful, smug and rich enough to take the abuse, but the truth is he keeps producing songs that are tight, smart and infectious. Through The Pain (She Told Me) with help by Mario Winans (as singer and co-producer), is the sign of a mature artist who knows how to control his lyrics and restrain his melodies. True: he could develop his wordplay more and bring more depth to this piece. But quite honestly, Diddy, the consummate professional, knows possibly better than anyone else, that Through the Pain doesn’t need swagger and violence to hit you right in the stomach. This song is the strangest of Hip-Hop adjectives: beautiful.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.