It’s been a long time since we last heard a headlining track from Diamond; a long, long, time – more than two years to be precise. But there’s never a wrong time to kick off a comeback, especially when that comeback sounds like Love Like Mine. WillPower (for SupaHot Beats) laces the production, laying down a bouncing beat that rides hard without becoming overly aggressive, a tone guest feature and Booth-fave Nikkiya matches perfectly on an understated hook. But fittingly this is Diamond’s show and she shines with raps that occasionally shift into second gear to let her man know what, simply put, he’s never going to find a love better than hers. For more fierce hip-hop from Diamond be sure to cop her upcoming street album, The Young Life, set to drop on July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
Diamond N Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire ft. Diamond & Princess (of Crime Mob)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.