It’s been a long time since we last heard a headlining track from Diamond; a long, long, time – more than two years to be precise. But there’s never a wrong time to kick off a comeback, especially when that comeback sounds like Love Like Mine. WillPower (for SupaHot Beats) laces the production, laying down a bouncing beat that rides hard without becoming overly aggressive, a tone guest feature and Booth-fave Nikkiya matches perfectly on an understated hook. But fittingly this is Diamond’s show and she shines with raps that occasionally shift into second gear to let her man know what, simply put, he’s never going to find a love better than hers. For more fierce hip-hop from Diamond be sure to cop her upcoming street album, The Young Life, set to drop on July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
Diamond N Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire ft. Diamond & Princess (of Crime Mob)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.