Diamond District has its philosophy down pat, and it’s actually pretty damn deep: Everything isn’t always what it appears to be. Sometimes what seems only too real turn out to be, in the words of DMV up-and-comers Diamond District, only a Hologram. Backed by sometimes soulful, sometimes hard hitting production by group member Oddisee, the gritty and talented District cuts through the haze with three verses of truth, sharing their message with complex lyrical skill: “Heaven is a hologram, don’t get too attached / ya demons might say I’m not here to attack’/ that’s when you get comfortable, stabbed in the back…all we want to see in the hood is tomorrow man.” Hologram is the latest single off Diamond District’s upcoming album In the Ruff, set to hit stores, online outlets and your eardrums on October 27. Stay tuned to DJBooth for more from this artistically innovative group.
Written by Sigurd on 10/22/09
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who I Be" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.