The Guess Who’s American Woman, famously covered by Lenny Kravitz, was an unflattering portrayal of U.S. females (or the nation’s political climate, depending on whom you ask) by a band from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Today, forty-plus years after its release, Diamond brings a little balance to the conversation with a new single also titled American Woman, and loosely inspired by the ‘70s hard-rock hit. Over Non-Stop‘s radio-ready synth boardwork, the Crime Mob alumnus (a performer in The DJBooth’s recent A3C showcase) reps for the U, S of A—showing a little extra love, of course, to her hometown of ATL. US Virgin Islands-repping crooner and longtime DJBooth regular Verse Simmonds sings the headliner’s praises on the chorus, and director Dr. Teeth handles the official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh material awaits on Diamond’s The Young Life tape, released to the ‘net at the end of August.
Diamond N Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire ft. Diamond & Princess (of Crime Mob)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.