The Guess Who’s American Woman, famously covered by Lenny Kravitz, was an unflattering portrayal of U.S. females (or the nation’s political climate, depending on whom you ask) by a band from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Today, forty-plus years after its release, Diamond brings a little balance to the conversation with a new single also titled American Woman, and loosely inspired by the ‘70s hard-rock hit. Over Non-Stop‘s radio-ready synth boardwork, the Crime Mob alumnus (a performer in The DJBooth’s recent A3C showcase) reps for the U, S of A—showing a little extra love, of course, to her hometown of ATL. US Virgin Islands-repping crooner and longtime DJBooth regular Verse Simmonds sings the headliner’s praises on the chorus, and director Dr. Teeth handles the official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh material awaits on Diamond’s The Young Life tape, released to the ‘net at the end of August.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Diamond N Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire ft. Diamond & Princess (of Crime Mob)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.