The Guess Who’s American Woman, famously covered by Lenny Kravitz, was an unflattering portrayal of U.S. females (or the nation’s political climate, depending on whom you ask) by a band from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Today, forty-plus years after its release, Diamond brings a little balance to the conversation with a new single also titled American Woman, and loosely inspired by the ‘70s hard-rock hit. Over Non-Stop‘s radio-ready synth boardwork, the Crime Mob alumnus (a performer in The DJBooth’s recent A3C showcase) reps for the U, S of A—showing a little extra love, of course, to her hometown of ATL. US Virgin Islands-repping crooner and longtime DJBooth regular Verse Simmonds sings the headliner’s praises on the chorus, and director Dr. Teeth handles the official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh material awaits on Diamond’s The Young Life tape, released to the ‘net at the end of August.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Diamond N Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire ft. Diamond & Princess (of Crime Mob)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.