Momo and Azmarino, the dual frontmen of Australian rap crew Diafrix, both originally arrived in the country as refugees; the former fleed with his family at the age of three from the Comoros, while the latter originally hails from Eritrea, but spent most of his life citizenship-hunting before finally finding a home in the Melbourne suburb of Footscray. With such tumultuous histories, it’s no surprise that the group are a little better at taking life’s slings and arrows in stride than the rest of us. On their second Booth feature (Running It hit our front page in April) and latest single, they fill us in on their Easy Come, Easy Go life philosophy; backed by Stylaz Fuego‘s catchy hip-pop grooves, the emcees react with a sigh and a shrug to such unpleasant experiences as layoffs, drug busts and muggings, spitting: “I gotta maintain / Life is a game and I gotta keep playin’.” Have Diafrix succeeded in putting your problems into perspective—or at least making them fade into the back of your memory—with this upbeat jam? If so, you can expect plenty more fresh, insightful material where this came from on the crew’s Pocket Full of Dreams LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers September 28.
Written by richard on 09/11/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running It" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.