Momo and Azmarino, the dual frontmen of Australian rap crew Diafrix, both originally arrived in the country as refugees; the former fleed with his family at the age of three from the Comoros, while the latter originally hails from Eritrea, but spent most of his life citizenship-hunting before finally finding a home in the Melbourne suburb of Footscray. With such tumultuous histories, it’s no surprise that the group are a little better at taking life’s slings and arrows in stride than the rest of us. On their second Booth feature (Running It hit our front page in April) and latest single, they fill us in on their Easy Come, Easy Go life philosophy; backed by Stylaz Fuego‘s catchy hip-pop grooves, the emcees react with a sigh and a shrug to such unpleasant experiences as layoffs, drug busts and muggings, spitting: “I gotta maintain / Life is a game and I gotta keep playin’.” Have Diafrix succeeded in putting your problems into perspective—or at least making them fade into the back of your memory—with this upbeat jam? If so, you can expect plenty more fresh, insightful material where this came from on the crew’s Pocket Full of Dreams LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers September 28.
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running It" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.