Roundabout 400 A.D., a freed slave-turned-Catholic bishop rose to fame by performing such feats as turning a walking stick into a live tree, talking to the dead, and banishing snakes from Ireland. Today, on the anniversary of his death, we celebrate Irish culture by wearing green and getting sh*tfaced. If that doesn’t make sense, well, it might after a few pints of Guinness. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day 2011, a star-studded lineup of rhymesayers have joined forces to craft O’Doyle Rules, a joint that’ll go perfect with your green beer. Production duties fall to emcee/beatsmith Apathy, whose catchy Celtic flute melody (along with the obligatory Billy Madison sample) sets the stage for bars from a veritable dream team of underground talent: Diabolic, Apathy himself, Paradime, Joe Scudda, Rob Kelly, Ryu and Mac Lethal hit the mic in quick succession, touching upon Charlie Sheen’s insanity, Nicki Minaj‘s ass and Rihanna‘s olfactory preferences along with Irish pride and, of course, binge drinking. Who came the hardest? I’ll leave it to the readers to decide – or simply sit back and soak in the dopeness. Either way, enjoy your St. Paddy’s day, and party responsibly!
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.