Roundabout 400 A.D., a freed slave-turned-Catholic bishop rose to fame by performing such feats as turning a walking stick into a live tree, talking to the dead, and banishing snakes from Ireland. Today, on the anniversary of his death, we celebrate Irish culture by wearing green and getting sh*tfaced. If that doesn’t make sense, well, it might after a few pints of Guinness. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day 2011, a star-studded lineup of rhymesayers have joined forces to craft O’Doyle Rules, a joint that’ll go perfect with your green beer. Production duties fall to emcee/beatsmith Apathy, whose catchy Celtic flute melody (along with the obligatory Billy Madison sample) sets the stage for bars from a veritable dream team of underground talent: Diabolic, Apathy himself, Paradime, Joe Scudda, Rob Kelly, Ryu and Mac Lethal hit the mic in quick succession, touching upon Charlie Sheen’s insanity, Nicki Minaj‘s ass and Rihanna‘s olfactory preferences along with Irish pride and, of course, binge drinking. Who came the hardest? I’ll leave it to the readers to decide – or simply sit back and soak in the dopeness. Either way, enjoy your St. Paddy’s day, and party responsibly!
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.