Roundabout 400 A.D., a freed slave-turned-Catholic bishop rose to fame by performing such feats as turning a walking stick into a live tree, talking to the dead, and banishing snakes from Ireland. Today, on the anniversary of his death, we celebrate Irish culture by wearing green and getting sh*tfaced. If that doesn’t make sense, well, it might after a few pints of Guinness. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day 2011, a star-studded lineup of rhymesayers have joined forces to craft O’Doyle Rules, a joint that’ll go perfect with your green beer. Production duties fall to emcee/beatsmith Apathy, whose catchy Celtic flute melody (along with the obligatory Billy Madison sample) sets the stage for bars from a veritable dream team of underground talent: Diabolic, Apathy himself, Paradime, Joe Scudda, Rob Kelly, Ryu and Mac Lethal hit the mic in quick succession, touching upon Charlie Sheen’s insanity, Nicki Minaj‘s ass and Rihanna‘s olfactory preferences along with Irish pride and, of course, binge drinking. Who came the hardest? I’ll leave it to the readers to decide – or simply sit back and soak in the dopeness. Either way, enjoy your St. Paddy’s day, and party responsibly!
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.