Haven’t met your recommended daily allowance of pure, uncut underground aggression? Have no fear – Booth newcomer Diabolic‘s got you covered. As befitting a jam named Frontlines, this new single finds the Long Island-bred emcee firing off enough lyrical ammunition to blow away a small army, flowing over the ominous, string-heavy boardwork of Engineer. As if the headliner’s razor-sharp rhymes (“F**k around and I’ll punch your mouth in / I’m king of the mountain, with my life in this project like it’s public housing.” weren’t savage enough, Diabolic is joined on the back end by the gruff, eternally paranoid Immortal Technique, who kicks his closing bars off with the lines “They said that the success of my music is theoretic / but my revenge is sweet enough to murder diabetics,” and only gets more acidic from there. If this no-nonsense jam leaves you convinced that you need more Diabolic in your life, you won’t need to wait long for your next fix; the emcee’s latest studio album, Liar & a Thief, is set to hit store shelves and online retailers next Tuesday, April 6.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"O'Doyle Rules" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.