At his new label home on Asylum, DG Yola is busy reworking his unreleased debut album, now entitled Return of the Truth. Though the lead single She Like It, a recent favorite amongst Booth members, is still being promoted, a potential follow-up has already emerged. On Business Bout Ya Self, Yola da Great reminds listeners to stop copying his style. With strong local clout and worldwide appeal, the Atlanta native is sick of folks trying to jock his approach in hopes of duplicating his success. Produced by Oomp Camp‘s DJ Montay, Business Bout Ya Self might not have the same hit potential as She Like It, but, then again, its all about the “street” singles these days.
Listen to More: DG Yola
Written by Burmy on 10/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rollin' ft. Bone Thugs N Harmony" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.