At his new label home on Asylum, DG Yola is busy reworking his unreleased debut album, now entitled Return of the Truth. Though the lead single She Like It, a recent favorite amongst Booth members, is still being promoted, a potential follow-up has already emerged. On Business Bout Ya Self, Yola da Great reminds listeners to stop copying his style. With strong local clout and worldwide appeal, the Atlanta native is sick of folks trying to jock his approach in hopes of duplicating his success. Produced by Oomp Camp‘s DJ Montay, Business Bout Ya Self might not have the same hit potential as She Like It, but, then again, its all about the “street” singles these days.
Written by Burmy on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rollin' ft. Bone Thugs N Harmony" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.