It’s been awhile since we last heard from Dex Kwasi, specifically last summer’s Lab Rats jam. Ten months later, however, Dex has returned, recruiting the help of fellow unsigned hyper Roosh Williams for a creation called Neck 2 Check, a soulful jam that’s perfect for just-around-the-corner summertime relaxation. The production features sultry horns, which are coupled with a scratchy guitar that almost subliminally stick into the back of your mind; DJ Juls did a minimally fantastic job. Lyrically, Neck 2 Check is a great reflection of Dex’s life, or any man’s life, as it pertains to how badly some need money, and how easily some waste their money on life’s simple pleasures without covering their basic needs. Dex’ upcoming album, African Sex Symbol, is set to be released at the end of June.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 05/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.