Rappers have been referring to the studio as the lab for years, but in Dex’ case, I’m not so sure he’s talking about making music when he says he and his people are Lab Rats. Whatever else the OKC representer is cooking up, he’s also managing to turn out new videos. The formula for Rats takes one part scientifically calculated beat from Billionaire Boy$cout, adds in one part mad scientist rhymes (”All the gangsters is geeks / made a new pill, and I call it Dexstasy”), shakes and stirs vigorously, resulting in a rap potion that, frankly, I don’t believe is FDA improved. To taste more of what Dex is cooking up keep an eye and ear out for his upcoming project Moves, which is still awaiting a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.