Occasionally, when I catch myself surrounded by beautiful Brazilian women, I’m reminded that the skinny models on TV really aren’t all that. Truth be told, I just want a girl that can let that thang Poke Out. Rest assured, I’m not the only one who feels this way. Take Dex Kwasi, who has dropped off a new single that lets the girls know it’s OK to go ahead shake it while taking pics with ya girls. Produced by N-Dex (Dex’s production alter ego) and KRYZ, Poke Out features percussion that’d go well on any trap beat, as well as a haunting, yet catchy sample that together provide the roller rink that Dex’s vocals skate on. During the song’s official visuals, directed by Jimi Wonder and Vafa Taj, Dex doesn’t seem to be letting loose like everyone else, but there are several girls shaking their tailfeathers for the camera. Poke Out is Dex’s first single from his upcoming African $ex Symbol project, due out soon.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.