Three Weeks. That’s how long Dewy Sinatra‘s been sitting in the same spot, “staring at the same four blank walls”, wearing the same clothes. If that sounds a little crazy to you, well, that’s because it is. What exactly was it that drove him off the deep end? Well, we don’t receive any solid answers on this cut, the latest single off the UK recording artist’s forthcoming EP. Whereas previous features saw Dewy delivering rapped bars, this time around he opts to sing his verses. His world-weary, narcotized delivery, combined with Kelkut‘s queasy, swung synth beat, add up to a uniquely immersive, unsettling alt-R&B jam. Fans will be able to find this left-of-center effort and much more on Wasted Youth, set to drop independently on Monday, September 1.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.