I don’t say this lightly, Booth readers, but it seems like the Gospel might be “goin’ mainstream.” What makes me think so? Well, in addition to 33 percent of human beings on Earth being Christian, and the fact that you can find Bibles in hotel nightstands the world over, an emerging group of hip-hop artists are proving that a faith in Jesus doesn’t preclude Popular musical appeal. A member of this movement along with San Diego crew theBREAX, UK newcomer Dewy Sinatra introduces his stereotype-busting style to Booth readers on this freshly-released mixtape single. Over Soopa Beats’ head-nodding piano production, sampled from hit Broadway musical Wicked, the UK-bred emcee echoes the sentiment ‘Ye expressed on his breakout hit: “See I can talk about sex and I can talk about money, but if I talk about Jesus people look at me funny.” Needless to say, he pays no mind to those giving him the side-eye, speaking loudly and proudly about his faith—and exhibiting a gift for engaging delivery in the process. Think this cut’s spiritual subject matter and catchy presentation are a winning combo? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on Dewy Sinatra’s debut mixtape, Hello Hi There, released July 22 and out now online.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.