You’d likely have to endure the atrocious vocals of past American Idol contestant William Hung or the rhymes of 90210 actor-turned-awful-rapper Brian Austin Green to not enjoy a song titled Merlot. Now a song titled Moscato, that is a whole different story. On the latest entry into his brand new, weekly music series London emcee Dewy Sinatra drops off a glass of the good stuff. I hate to sound too flowery, but New Jersey beatsmith Brandon Rowan‘s production on Merlot is in fact a lot like a glass of darkly blue-coloured wine grape. You’ve got a rich blend of keys and horns and the jazzy feel of the song makes for an ultra-smooth record. Although Sinatra’s witty lyricism is a bit of a contrast when paired with Rowan’s silky production, it is still welcomed and keeps the record effortlessly upbeat. Sinatra’s forthcoming project is currently untitled, but we are told that it is due out sometime this fall.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.