You’d likely have to endure the atrocious vocals of past American Idol contestant William Hung or the rhymes of 90210 actor-turned-awful-rapper Brian Austin Green to not enjoy a song titled Merlot. Now a song titled Moscato, that is a whole different story. On the latest entry into his brand new, weekly music series London emcee Dewy Sinatra drops off a glass of the good stuff. I hate to sound too flowery, but New Jersey beatsmith Brandon Rowan‘s production on Merlot is in fact a lot like a glass of darkly blue-coloured wine grape. You’ve got a rich blend of keys and horns and the jazzy feel of the song makes for an ultra-smooth record. Although Sinatra’s witty lyricism is a bit of a contrast when paired with Rowan’s silky production, it is still welcomed and keeps the record effortlessly upbeat. Sinatra’s forthcoming project is currently untitled, but we are told that it is due out sometime this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.