You’d likely have to endure the atrocious vocals of past American Idol contestant William Hung or the rhymes of 90210 actor-turned-awful-rapper Brian Austin Green to not enjoy a song titled Merlot. Now a song titled Moscato, that is a whole different story. On the latest entry into his brand new, weekly music series London emcee Dewy Sinatra drops off a glass of the good stuff. I hate to sound too flowery, but New Jersey beatsmith Brandon Rowan‘s production on Merlot is in fact a lot like a glass of darkly blue-coloured wine grape. You’ve got a rich blend of keys and horns and the jazzy feel of the song makes for an ultra-smooth record. Although Sinatra’s witty lyricism is a bit of a contrast when paired with Rowan’s silky production, it is still welcomed and keeps the record effortlessly upbeat. Sinatra’s forthcoming project is currently untitled, but we are told that it is due out sometime this fall.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!